I LOVE spaghetti with meat sauce. When I don’t have sauce already in my freezer, I frequently make a quick bolognese sauce, to satisfy my hypopastemia (a low pasta light!).
- 1 recipe basic ground meat mixture cooked as directed above
- 1 cup white wine Riesling
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- generous sprinkle of freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large can Italian tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ pound pasta cooked al dente
When meat is no longer pink, add the wine, and raise the heat to high. Cook until liquid has evaporated. Add the milk, nutmeg, oregano and basil. Cook until the milk has been absorbed. Add tomatoes, breaking up any large chunks. Cover and braise 1-1/2 hours. Correct seasonings. Serve over hot pasta.
The sauce may be frozen for up to 2 months.