Use this mixture to ‘morph’ into your favorite dish! Easily prepared ahead, and it can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Basic Ground Meat Mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil. or
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground meat
- seasonings and additions as listed below
In large deep skillet, heat olive oil and butter. Sweat the onion, celery, carrot and garlic with the salt. When the vegetables are softened, add the ground meat, breaking up into small pieces. When meat is no longer pink, continue with recipe, adding seasonings and additions as desired.
This mixture may be frozen, for up to 2 months.