Who doesn’t LOVE Mexican food!! Green chili, aka. chili verde, is a staple, and what a sumptuous meal! Here’ how Chef Tara makes it!
You could also serve this chili in a rice bowl, use a bit in an omelet or a burrito, make street tacos, nachos…. the possibilities are limited only to your imagination! And, it freezes well up to 2 months.
Tara’s Pork Green Chili
- 4 pounds pork shoulder cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 onions diced
- 2 Anaheim green chilies diced
- 10 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ pounds tomatilllos diced
- 1 bunch cilantro minced
- 1 4- ounce can of hot diced jalapenos
- 1 7- ounce can diced green chilis
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chicken better than bullion
- 1 bottle lighter beer I used a corona
- black pepper
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 sheet parchment paper
optional serving accoutrements:
- sour cream
- white cheddar
Preheat Oven to 325°F. In Dutch oven melt butter and brown the meat, in batches if necessary, remove and set aside. Sauté onions, Anaheim chilis, garlic and tomatillos until softened and onions are translucent, about 8 minutes. Add in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Remove from heat cover with a parchment paper cartouche and then cover with lid. Braise in oven for 3.5 hours. Adjust seasonings to taste, garnish and serve.