Who’s ready for football?? It’s that time of year, folks gathering for outdoor sporting events, kids, adults, sometimes indoors on TV. No matter what the sport, food takes center stage in my book. and something easy to transport, quick to put together, well, that’s just PERECT! I love a great dip that I can incorporate some healthy items for dipping — vegetables, apples, dark read. A wonderful choice that fits that bill is Aged Gouda Dip, recipes follows.
Need more inspiration?
- olive tapenade
- gorgonzola walnut spread
- htipiti (red pepper feta spread)
- chili colorado
- potted Guinness & cheddar
- onion dip!
- roasted cauliflower
- and for dessert — Beechers pear tart
Aged Gouda Dip
- 24 ounces aged gouda cheese grated (about 3 cups)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups hard apple cider pear cider, or amber beer
- 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Assorted food for dipping such as bread cubes apples, broccoli or cauliflower
In a medium bowl, toss the cheese and cornstarch together until the cheese is fully coated. Set aside.
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the apple cider and lemon juice to a simmer. Remove pot from heat. Slowly add the cheese, stirring after each addition to fully incorporate the cheese. Add cream to smooth out. Once smooth, sprinkle with the pepper and serve in a warmed casserole dish or mini slow cooker.
Serves 4 to 6. Note: Do not let the dip boil as that may cause the cheese to separate and become stringy.