For those of you who frequent Sizzleworks, you all know Chef Pam! Her southern food is outstanding, and she is such a big part of our school! Here’s to you, Pam!
chef pam’s southern buttermilk pie
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons A/P flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pie crust (9 inch pie plate), well chilled
In a bowl whisk together eggs, flour, and sugar. Whisk in buttermilk and butter, in 4 parts alternating between the two. Whisk in vanilla. Pour filling into crust; sprinkle with nutmeg
Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325*F. Cover pie loosely with foil. Bake until filling is set, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Serve at room temperature.