farewell to sizzleworks cooking school
Award-Winning Events and Classes
After almost 13 fun years in our kitchen, with customers who became friends and co-workers who became family, I have decided to close Sizzleworks Cooking School. I want to thank each of you personally for your contributions to making Sizzleworks such a fun and enjoyable place for us all to learn and to enjoy the culinary arts, great food and great people.
The decision to close has not come lightly and has been influenced by many factors beyond the obvious ones that have impacted us all. Principally, the Coronavirus has made social gatherings impossible over the past few months. The uncertainty as to when people will be comfortable in social settings simply dominates any reasonable prospect of continuing the business. Sizzleworks has effectively been closed since early March; the school will close July 31st.
In an effort to connect with you one final time, Sizzleworks will open for a “Going Out of Business” sale on:
– Wednesday June 24th, 3:30 and 7:00PM
– Thursday June 25th, 3:30 and 6:00PM
– Friday June 26th, 3:30 and 7:00PM
– Saturday June 27 (between 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM)
– Monday June 29th, 3:30 and 7:00PM
– Tuesday June 30th, 3:30 and 6:00PM
– Wednesday July 1st, 3:30 and 7:00PM
– Thursday July 2nd, 3:30 and 6:00PM
Please stop by to reconnect one final time, to say farewell and, if you’d like to purchase any items from our “only my very most favorite things” store or our extensive supply of school-used items at very deep discounts, you may do so. We had just restocked the school’s store before we were forced to close so there are many new items available and of course, there are tons of dishes, platters and glassware that must go.
As far as preparations for the sale and safety:
– Masks will be required
– We continue to follow all proper sanitizing and personal hygiene requirements consistent with CDC guidelines.
– Hand sanitizer will be available as well as hand washing stations for staff and guests alike.
– We will limit the number of shoppers at any given time to 25% occupancy while maintaining social distancing
– We will have masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and hand washing available as necessary
– We will practice social distancing
– We will continuously clean high touch areas as people cycle through.
Sizzleworks has been a labor of love and I am, and will always be, exceptionally proud of the offerings we provided, the team we built and the community that surrounded us. You have provided joy, fun and inspiration to us all. Thank you so very much and one final Buon Apetito!
Proudly rated as one of the Seattle area’s top cooking experiences, we design every aspect of our culinary process to surprise and delight. Whether you are attending a class led by one of our highly skilled chefs, looking for an interactive event for your next celebration, or hunting for training resources to take your home kitchen to the next level, Sizzleworks is ready to partner with you on your culinary adventure.
So look around …
Browse our educational library. Sign up for a class or event and dive into the action. Or even just say, “Hi!” Because we believe cooking is about people. And we look forward to welcoming you to the Sizzleworks family.